Sat, Apr 01|
Waialae Iki 5 Tennis Center
1st Annual Pickleball Mixer FUNdraiser Player Registration
100% of proceeds from registration fees, mulligan and prize ticket sales will directly benefit `A`ALI`I Mentoring!
Time & Location
Apr 01, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Waialae Iki 5 Tennis Center, 1959 Laukahi St. Honolulu, HI 96821
About the event
`A`ALI`I Mentoring, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is hosting its 1st Annual Pickleball Mixer FUNdaiser on Saturday, April 1, 2023, at the Waialae Iki 5 tennis center. Free street parking will be available. It will be a fun and competitive day of pickleball! There will be lucky prize drawings and medals for division winners! Sign up with friends and meet new players at this fun event that also supports a worthy cause. Event is open to adults ages 18 and older.
This fundraiser will help expand `A`ALI`I Mentoring’s program serving more young people from economically disadvantaged and underserved communities on Oahu. `A`ALI`I Mentoring's life skills workshops and 1:1 mentoring help young people persevere in higher education and their young adulthood journey. 100% of the proceeds from registration fees and mulligan and prize drawing ticket sales will directly benefit `A`ALI`I Mentoring.
The player registration fee is $60 and includes one lucky prize ticket, snack/refreshment, and a swag towel. As the location host for the event, Waialae Iki 5 residents who are the first 16 to register can take advantage of a special discounted fee.
Mulligans and lucky prize drawing tickets are for sale at this link here. Tickets will also be available on site on the day of the event. For on site sales, cash/checks/Venmo/PayPal will be accepted. Prize drawings will follow the last division game played. Winners need not be present. Fun and great prizes, generously donated by local businesses and individuals, include: pickleball lessons, yoga classes, private pilates session, gift cards, restaurant gift cards, wine, salon gift card, surf brand backpacks & towels, and more! Prize items range in value from $25 to over $200!
The pickleball mixer format will be:
- Round-robin play (blind draw for partners)
- 4 game guarantee
- 3 Divisions 2.5; 3.0 to 3.5; 3.5+ to 4.0 (click for skills division definition)
- Play to 9 points or 15 minutes, whichever comes first; win by 1 point
- Mulligans can be used to replay a point; Maximum 2 mulligans per team, per game
- Individual 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place division winners are determined by total wins, head to head, and total points scored. As the final tie-breaker determinant, seniority (in age) triumphs!
- Medal ceremonies following each division round-robin play
Tentative Schedule (subject to change based on number of players registered per division):
- Division 2.5: 8:5am check-in; 9:00am play starts
- Division 3.0 to 3.5: 9:30am check-in; 10:30am play starts
- Free Play & Paddle trial/demo time: 1:00pm to 1:30pm
- Division 3.5+ to 4.0: 1:00pm check-in; 2:00pm play starts
All registered players are required to complete a waiver before playing and will be notified of the final schedule via email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. MAHALO!
+$1.50 service fee
Registration includes one lucky prize draw ticket, snack & drink, and `A`ALI`I Mentoring swag.
+$1.50 service fee
+$0.75 service fee
The first 16 WI5 residents who sign up get this special rate. Registration includes one lucky prize draw ticket, snack & drink, and `A`ALI`I Mentoring swag.
+$0.75 service fee
This ticket is reserved for event sponsors only. Registration includes one lucky prize draw ticket, snack & drink, and `A`ALI`I Mentoring swag.